Monday, February 28, 2011

First Post and FAQ

Greetings everyone and welcome to my blog- Sindragosa vs. the Sequels, Prequels, and Spin-Offs! After thinking about this for a couple of months, I decided I wanted to start a blog reviewing something I thought I had an interesting take on.

The subject matter came easily- the reviewing of sequels. Sequels were popping up everywhere in my childhood and are certainly no stranger to my adult life. Even movies that haven't finished their run in the cinemas are having press releases for planned sequels, an example being How to Train Your Dragon that came out in March and had a sequel announced in April of the same year.

But where to host my reviews? My friend Kelsa pointed me in the direction of this site, and here I am. I hope to tweak my layout to something less generic, but until I get the hang of Blogspot, generic it is.

Now, before we dive into the reviews, I'd like to make a few announcements concerning what I plan to do with this blog, how I'll rate the sequels I review, and what I will/won't review.

Q: What sequels, prequels, and spin-offs won't you review?
A: Any sequel that has been reviewed in a video by the Nostalgia Critic, the Nostalgia Chick, and MarzGurl. I won't review anything they have already done because of the simple fact that I pretty much agree with what they have said and the points they have made. In my opinion, it would be very repetitive of me to review the same material that they have and I couldn't figure anything else that could be said about the sequels they have reviewed.

At the time of posting this, the sequels covered by the aforementioned video bloggers are- The Land Before Time sequel series, Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas, The Lost World, Care Bears 2, The Secret of NIMH 2, Ferngully 2, The Neverending Story sequel series, The Ninja Turtles sequel series, Rocky IV, Jaws 3D, Home Alone 3, Conan the Destroyer, Superman IV, The Next Karate Kid, Halloween 3, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Batman and Robin, and Short Circuit 2. Please do not request me to review these movies!

Q: In that case, what sequels, prequels, and spin-offs WILL you review?
A: Pretty much everything else. Unless I see that any of the video reviewers I'm following has future plans to review a sequel on my list, I'll review it. Suggestions are always welcome!

Q: How do you plan on reviewing these movies?
A: Everything I review will be written with the occasional screen shot thrown in for reference or a witty joke. I'll start with a review of the original movie, the sequel DVD box art, how the animation matches up to the original, plot, storyline, characters, and voice acting to determine a final grade at the end of the review.

Q: How often can we expect a movie review from you? Will you stick to a schedule?
A: I will try my hardest to review a sequel a week, but I can't make any promises, as I do have a job that demands most of my time. It's also pretty easy to see that my name derives of the World of Warcraft fandom, so I'll get it out of the way and admit that I play WoW, but it's not of the "hardcore" nature, so as long as I balance my reviews and my game playing, I don't see how they'll butt heads.


As for a specific day that my reviews will be released on, seeing as how it's Monday, we'll shoot for biweekly Monday releases.

With that said and done I will leave my readers with the name of the first sequel I plan on reviewing, the one upon my viewing that made me realize I wanted to start blogging on this subject. Tune in Monday, March 14th for my review of Atlantis: Milo's Return.

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving how your first post is so "official sounding." Awesome possum. :D

    I'm looking forward to your reviews Ami. This is definitely going to be an entertaining adventure for you.

    Once you get up and going with your blog would you like me to make you a button for to advertise your blog like the one I have on mine?

    If so just drop me an e-mail and I'll get on that for you.

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to sound as professional as I could, considering I'm reviewing mostly bad movie sequels. Though not all of them will be!

    The only problem is I can't for the life of me find a way to put the "read more" tag that's similar to a lj cut on Livejournal. I've looked everywhere for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the closest thing for that 'is page jump break' on the tool bar for posting. It looks like a "page torn in half" on the right of the "directors black take scene" looking icon.

    What it does is provide a read more option for the rest of the post. You use it when your, for example, a paragraph into the post when you click on it and post.

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. There we go, I managed to get it to work!

    Now to work on my layout...

    ReplyDelete